Monday, September 29, 2014

Merry and Bright - Merry Monday #128 (Stripes and Dots)

Hey everyone, it's Monday yet again and that means time for another fun challenge at Merry Monday!  I got to choose this week's theme and I want to see your creations with polka dots, stripes or both!


I love these super fun Christmas stockings:


You can see all the details and gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team here.  Or stop by their blogs and give them some love:

Katie Melhus (you're here!)
Jen Mitchell

and our Featured Designer for September:

Jaydee

I can't wait to see everyone's entries in the gallery this week, I'm always so impressed with all of the creations.

And NOW...some homework catchup.  I joined the Copics for Cardmakers class a week late and have been working to catch up on all my practice assignments!  It's hard to post some of these, being funky and all but here goes!

Day 1 - Simple 2 and 3-color blending.


On this sheet I used my SU Blendabilities for the first time, and they worked great.  They blend well and don't bleed like I find my Spectrum Noir markers can.  My only gripe is I wish there was a tad bit more difference between the 3 colors in the family for a bit more contrast, but I'll definitely be getting some more!


Day 2 - Blending tricks - I wasn't feeling these birds and butterflies and still struggle with tip-to-tip blending, I'm pretty sure it was my color choices.  I don't have very many copics so my pairs got a bit funky.  I love the acetate blending technique though, that worked great!  Definitely needing more practice on all of these.



Day3 - Shading with Gray - what a cool technique I never knew about!  I struggled a bit because I have no gray copic markers, only spectrum noirs and the two brands were a bit hard to blend together.  Love this technique though!



Day 4 - Light sources and shading - I love these flowers and will be coloring more of them!  Thanks for looking and bearing with my practice images!



Thanks for stopping by, keep it crafty!


Supplies: 
Stamps: Snow Day (Lawn Fawn)
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Real Red (SU)
Ink: Pool Party, Real Red, Gumball Green (SU)
Patterned Paper: Snow Day 6x6 (LF)
Misc:  Label Die, Ticket Corner Punch, Spectrum Noir Markers, Candy Dots, Twine, Stickles

20 comments:

  1. So adorable, Katie! Love the mix of papers with the sweet bunny image and added twine! Total cuteness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo cute :) love those bunnies !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The cute rabbits and cool colour combo look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! I love the colors you chose and how cute are those bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun challenge, Katie! And a delightful card! Love these little bunnies and the Bermuda Bay and Real Red together! Have some fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a couple of cuties - Love your card Katie!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww - those little bunnies are incredibly adorable!! Such a sweet card and gorgeous coloring! Hope you have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet Christmas card! I love that scene with the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And another heart melter...those bunnies are absolutely STINKIN ADORABLE, Katie!! xoxoxoxo Awesome challenge this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great challenge, Katie and what adorable little bunnies! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. like the ide with bunnies and xmas. your choosen color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I am thinking this bunny stamp set needs to live at my house! Love them. Great card. Thanks for a great challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet, love those bunnies! You card is so bright and fun...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is just the cutest Katie, the bunnies are so adorable and I love these papers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katie, this was such a great challenge and your card is absolutely adorable. Those little snow bunnies are fabulous and I absolutely love the DSPs you used. Gorgeous card. Good luck with your Copics class I'm really impressed by what you have done.
    Thanks for having me along as the Featured Designer this week
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super job with the Blendabilities. I need to find out where you are taking a class. Would love to try it! I love the colors you chose for your card this week, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Debbie :) You can find the class at Online Card Classes - http://www.onlinecardclasses.com - it's been really great!

      Delete
  17. Your images are so sweet for this weeks MM challenge Katie, love your card.

    ReplyDelete