Monday, January 27, 2014

Owl Miss You

Hey friends, here with a quick late night post.  We are up crazy late painting our kitchen RED (it's really red) and trying to finish up our weekend project.  I had time to make a little something for the Paper Smooches challenge between coats:


This week is a sketch challenge for the Paper Smooches Sparks Designer Drafts.  Also linking up at The Friday Mashup! where the current theme is stars. 



In other news... Be sure to check back tomorrow (er, actually in about 4hrs) for my Merry Monday post where I'll be announcing the details about my first GIVEAWAY for one of my followers.  Woot woot!

In the meantime here's our work in progress:


Just a slight transformation...

Ansley armed with a paintbrush full of very red paint

Thanks so much for stopping by, keep it crafty!

Supplies: 
Stamp sets: Chubby Chums, Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches)
Papers: Cardstock & patterned paper from SSS February 2014 card kit
Misc: wood veneer stars (Studio Calico), white embossing powder, Wink of Stella glitter pen, Glossy Accents, navy ribbon from my stash

5 comments:

  1. Love that cute little owl! The fun colors in that DSP look awesome with that dark blue ribbon...amazing, as always! And I can NOT wait to see the finished kitchen....LOVE the RED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet! Love the owl's eyes. Fun use of stars! The kitchen looks like it's going to be awesome!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Friday Mashup, Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable card, great way to use stars! And wow, definitely a big change with the red! What made you choose that color?

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is super sweet! It reminded me of my sister whom I miss and who loves owls. I like how you alternated your Designer Paper and subtly incorporated the stars. Great job!

    Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Such an adorable card and great interpretation of the layout. So many gorgeous details. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge & good luck with that fun kitchen!

    ReplyDelete