Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Pen Pal Note

Hey there crafty friends!  I want to share a card I made for my 3 year old daughter's first pen pal exchange.  One of my Instagram "acquaintances" and I have been having such fun comparing the milestones of our little girls who are almost the same age.  It's been so fun to connect with a stranger across the country who's life has so many parallels to mine.  Kind of like all the amazing papercrafters I've been able to connect with through this blog.  It's awesome!  We decided to have the girls start sending each other pen pal packages, so here's her first card for Kennedy.


I used some more patterned paper from Simple Stories, and I love this one that looks like it's layered with lined paper ripped from a spiral notebook.  I used my spiral notebook border punch on the background to tie them together. I'm also loving Stampin' Up's new candy dots.  I made the sentiment from some Thickers alphas.   


I used the sketch for this week over at CAS(E) this Sketch! 


And this week's CASology cue card



We're including some stickers and other goodies, and I think the girls will have a great time sending {and especially receiving} mail!  And just for funsies I'm including some pics of Ansley working in my craft room yesterday.  She was REALLY wanting to get in on the action, she's growing up so fast, I'm amazed at how much she can do with just a little help.  She picked out all the stamps, inks, and papers and her card for daddy turned out great!
 
Inking, stamping, picking out papers and taping all by herself :)

The proud Artiste

The finished product 

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a happy day!

6 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Ansley is quite the budding artist and her card is fabulous! Make sure you tell her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable...the cards and your sweet Ansley :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorbs card! Love the highlight of your little mini artist feature!!

    Thanks for playing with CASology this week!
    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colours and texture on your card (and your little cardmaking sidekick - there's an up and coming talent there for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fabulous, love the green funky sentiment!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week! (your daughter is definitely going to follow in your footsteps already making cards like this)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how you combined both challenges...super fun card!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology! (and the card your daughter made is just too cute!)

    ReplyDelete