Thursday, January 17, 2013

Love You Card for CAS(E) this Sketch! #11

I want to say thank you to everyone who left the wonderful and encouraging comments on my previous post about my dad and his card, it means so much to me.  You all are amazing!  

I was able to crank out a couple of cards today using a some great sketches.  The first is from CAS(E) this Sketch! Challenge #11.  

Supplies: Cardstock: Ultra Heavy white cardstock from Simon Says Stamp, SU! Basic Gray, Primrose Petals and Regal Rose,  Stamps: Stampin' Up! Hearts a Flutter and Seasonal Sayings, Ink: SU! Primrose Petals, SU! Honeycomb embossing folder, SU! Black embossing powder, Love me patterned paper by My Mind's Eye



I got a bunch of new goodies today so I was inspired to break them out.  I love the Hearts a Flutter stamp set, and the SU! embossing powder is super fine so it does great details.  Here's the sketch I was using:


Thanks for looking!

-Katie


14 comments:

  1. So so sweet! The embossed panel plus that fab sentiment and hearts.... it's perfect!
    Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So CAS and oh-so-pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, so pretty. I thought of hearts but in the end went for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this card Katie! Fantastic color palette and combination of patterns. So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I can't take it! I just love your take on this sketch!!! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I luv this, anything hearts and it makes me swoon....fabulous colors together too...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. Came over from CAS(E) this Sketch to check out some of the other cards. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colour palette, and oh so beautifully CAS ... love it! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you knew I'd love hearts on grey, didn't you! lol! I love how you've arranged the hearts like a flower! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Love the embossing and the popped up hearts! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh love your take, simply beautiful! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katie,
    I love your color choice - gray and red/pink are so perfect together. love the hearts and the honeycomb - wonderful textures. Great card! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sweet and Spiffy, Katie! I'm so happy for you that your adorable card received a well-deserved shoutout from CAS(E) which brought me here!!

    ReplyDelete